The King but not Elvis
The Egyptians loved Wheatgrass and called it the ‘king of grasses’. Then about 20 years ago health trendies took hold of it and couldn’t get enough. Who are we to argue with the trendies or Egyptians? Modern day man and woman, Egyptian, trendy or not know that a wheatgrass shot a day will fill you full of vital vitamins and minerals to feed your body well.
They say that two ounces of wheatgrass juice has the nutritional equivalent of five pounds of the best raw organic vegetables. It is also a complete source of protein, supplying all the essential amino acids you need. Not bad for a grass just blowin in the breeze.
Add to juices, smoothies or get naked – add it to water and knock it back.
- High in Calcium for strong bones and teeth
- High in iron to combat tiredness
- High in zinc which is a great antioxidant – protecting cells from oxidative stress
- High in Copper contributes to the normal functioning of the nervous system
- High in Vitamin E which protects cells from oxidative stress
- A source of fibre for a normal digestive system
- High in Protein