Looking for some super simple ways to include the mighty cacao in your diet? Gain some feel-good energy for your mind and body, along with a boost of magnesium, copper, and zinc.
Smoothies sit at the precipice of quick and easy meals. Just whizz all the ingredients in a blender, pour into your drinking vessel, and you’re good to go! This one has the added muscle-supporting benefits of our Banana Protein Blend.
- 1 tbsp Funktional Foods Cacao powder
- 1 tsp Funktional Foods Maca powder
- 1 ½ cups almond milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 20g Funktional Foods Banana Protein blend
- Pop everything in a blender and whizz until wonderfully smooth
Oats make for a quick and easy breakfast, and a healthy start to the day – especially when you get cacao involved. A rich, chocolatey indulgence, energizing your body and supporting your immune system.
- 1 tbsp Funktional Foods cacao powder
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup plant-based milk of choice (add more if needed)
- 2 tsp agave syrup / coconut sugar / sweetener of choice (more if desired)
- 1 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Add oats, banana, and milk to a bowl. Place in the microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds, stopping occasionally to stir.
- Mix in your cacao powder, chia seeds, cinnamon and sweetener into mix to combine. Add a dash of milk should you wish to, and place back in the microwave for 15-30 seconds.
- Add peanut butter and berries and serve.
A mug cake truly is a wonder – pop all the ingredients into a mug, whack it in the microwave for a few seconds, and voila, a delicious pudding. The one below also just so happens to be vegan and super healthy thanks to our good friend cacao.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Funktional Foods Cacao powder
- 2-3 tablespoons agave syrup / coconut sugar / sweetener of choice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil / vegan butter
- 3 tablespoons plant-based milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Add the cacao powder, sweetener, salt, flour, and baking powder to a mug. Mix together.
- Pour in the oil, milk and vanilla into the mug with the dry ingredients and stir well.
- Cook in the microwave for 40 seconds. This leaves a soft, gooey inside, however, if you would like it slightly firmer, put it back in for 10 or so seconds.
- Serve immediately.
Cacao hot chocolate
Hot chocolate in its truest form. Channel your inner emperor Montezuma and create a drink out of cacao. Way back in the day, this was reserved for only the elite but today a cup of cacao could be just what you to help your body and mind relax before drifting off into a restful sleep.
- 2 tbsp Cacao Powder
- 1 tbsp agave syrup / coconut sugar / sweetener of choice
- 2 cups plant-based milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Add milk to a small saucepan over medium heat and stir in cacao powder, your sweetener of choice, and vanilla.
- Stir with a whisk until smooth
- Add more/less sweetener depending on preference
3 ingredient Cacao balls
These are the perfect energy boosting snack. With just three ingredients they can be whipped up in a matter of seconds.
- 2 tbsp Funktional Foods Cacao powder
- 1 cup Medjool dates
- 1 cup almonds
- Add almonds to a food processor and blend until crumby
- Add dates and cacao powder to the mixture and continue to blend until incorporated
- Make balls with your hands
Although we have stripped this recipe down to the basics to help you save time, there are many other ingredients such as seeds and spices that work brilliantly. You could even call on Cacao’s superhero partner, Maca powder, for an energy boost.