Granola is incredibly delicious but often packed with unhealthy oils and refined sugar. However, with this recipe, you can enjoy the pleasures of crunchy chocolate goodness completely guilt-free! Our ambassador @toyabolton has boosted its health profile with delicious mind and mood-boosting Cacao!
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp Funktional Foods Cacao powder
- 2 cups organic rolled oats
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup roughly chopped hazelnuts
- A sprinkle of coconut flakes
- Mix ¼ cup melted coconut oil, ¼ cup agave or maple syrup and 1 Tsp vanilla extract.
- Then add 3 Tbsp Funktional Foods Cacao powder, mix until well combined (it’ll look like a smooth paste). Warm in microwave for a few seconds until smooth.
- Add 2 cups organic rolled oats, a pinch of salt and 1 cup roughly chopped hazelnuts (or whichever nuts you prefer). Mix until well combined, tip onto a lined baking tray and bake at 160°C fan for 20mins.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle coconut flakes or desiccated over the granola and pop back in the oven for 5-6 minutes until coconut is toasted. Leave in the tray to cool completely before breaking it up into chunks and putting into an airtight container.