It's dense, it's moist, it's deliciously sweet - it's simply irresistible. Credits to our brilliant ambassador Toya! Find her on instagram @toyabolton
- DRY INGREDIENTS:
- 200g ground almond
- 1/2 cup Funktional Foods Protein Blend (60g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup chia seeds or flax seeds
- WET INGREDIENTS
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large ripe bananas (mashed)
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- Preheat your oven to 180c (160c fan) and prepare a loaf tin with parchment paper and oil the sides with coconut oil.
- Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
- In a separate bowl whisK the coconut oil (melted), maple syrup, almond milk and vanilla extract. Add the mashed bananas and peanut butter, then whisk until all combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake in the center of the oven for 50-55 minutes, or until its dark brown and the cake skewer comes out clean.
- Let it cool in the tin for a few minutes then transfer to a cooling rack. Once cool, slice her up and eat!