Beauty on the inside
Maca Powder is another incredible plant grown in Peru and enjoyed for over 2000 years ago by the South Americans. It is part of the radish family and looks a bit like a sweet potato married a parsnip but hey looks aren’t everything; this root is crammed with vitamins and minerals that can give you a welcome boost at any time of day.
The gnarly little root grabs so many nutrients from the earth when it’s growing it takes seven years for the ground to recover after each harvest. So when you eat it you are boosting your system with so much of the good stuff it brings a tear to our eye.
A definite, must-have smoothie item which is also very good in baking for a big nutrition hit.
- A great source of Vitamins B1, B2 and B6 which contribute to normal maintenance of the body’s systems
- High in Iron which help combat tiredness
- High in Calcium which contributes to normal muscle function
- High in Vitamin B2 for which protects cells from oxidative stress
- High in Zinc aids normal cognitive function
- High in Fibre for a normal digestive system
- Source of Protein
- Source of Vitamin B1 which supports the nervous system
- Source of Vitamin B6 which helps reduce tiredness and fatigue